Automate Your Penetration Testing to Increase Security and Reduce Costs.
Beyond Security's AVDS (Automated Vulnerability Detection System) is a network appliance based, vulnerability scanning system that provides comprehensive penetration testing of your network, regardless of size.
Penetration testing is all about identifying network security weaknesses before they are exploited internally or externally.
At Beyond Security, we know a lot about security weaknesses. We manage one of the most popular IT security portals - SecuriTeam.com, members of our development team have written books on the subjects of penetration testing, vulnerability assessment, fuzzing, botnets, and more. SecuriTeam.com is operated by Beyond Security, Inc. as a public clearing house for the discussion and disclosure of vulnerabilities and it is one of the largest and most respected security information gathering portals on the Internet.
This expertise was used to develop Automated Vulnerability Detection System. AVDS not only conducts completely automated security tests equal to manual penetration tests but also facilitates ongoing penetration testing to find the countless new vulnerabilities that surface every month. AVDS is updated with new attack profiles on a daily basis and so frequent testing will reveal new vulnerabilities in existing networks, even when no changes have been made to their equipment or applications.
Using AVDS, it is possible to conduct penetration testing and security scans on:
- The corporate LAN and WAN (from within the organization)
- The DMZ and the external network (from the Internet and outside world)
- Operating Systems
- Anything that talks "IP" on a network including VoIP network elements and end-point devices.
AVDS has the following major advantages over other scanners and expensive manual penetration testing solutions:
- it is completely automated, freeing security staff to think stratgically
- It performs tests without causing any damage - using the same techniques, tools and methodologies as the most sophisticated hackers.
- It consumes minimal bandwidth - there is no negative effect on network performance.
- It performs penetration testing according to your predefined schedule.
- Its data mining capabilities allows on-the-fly generation of statistical and historical information
- It allows you to distribute vulnerability scanning and remediation tasks to multiple stake-holders. This gives each business unit a control panel with limited access to the scanning system.
- It allows instant tracking of vulnerabilities across networks of any size.
- It generates a detailed network map, detailing what servers and services have been added, removed or changed since the last scan.
Each AVDS scan is a penetration testing session that is followed by an extensive network management report. The reports are also a powerful compliance tool for PCI-DSS, SOX and HIPAA. Some of the reporting features include:
- Easy to read and understand
- Executive summary and technical sections.
- Links to immediate remedial actions specific to each vulnerability found.
- Differential Reporting that shows just changes in infrastructure (known and unknown) and vulnerabilities from previous scans.